Heavy Farm Equipment Operator
Canyon Falls Farm is seeking a hard-working Equipment Operator to join our team in the Burley, ID area. The ideal candidate takes initiatives to solve and analyze problems, as well as prioritizes safety while operating farm equipment with a high degree of proficiency to accomplish needs of the farm. The Equipment Operator is also expected to complete regular maintenance, repairs, and preparation of equipment for production operations.
· Operate a variety of farm and heavy equipment with a high degree of proficiency.
· Operate sophisticated fertilizer, herbicide, fungicide, insecticide application equipment and center pivots.
· Perform preventative maintenance as well as regular service and care of equipment.
· Partner with the Field Mechanic on rebuilding equipment.
· Take initiative to solve and analyze problems; find ways to continually improve processes and efficiencies.
· Become familiar with MSDS sheets, pesticide labels and application notification procedures and champion the use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
· Champion a safety culture by keeping current with all safety devices and emergency shutdown procedures and attending all trainings; verify all devices are functioning at all times including lockout-tagout procedures.