Farm Field Mechanic
Canyon Falls Farms is seeking a proactive and solution-oriented Field Mechanic to join our farm team. The Field Mechanic makes safe and timely repairs as well as maintenance to ensure functional operation of all the farm equipment including on automotive, industrial, and Ag. A successful mechanic can diagnose problems and has the mechanical knowledge to solve them using safe, cost-effective, and efficient methods. The position supports the Oakley, ID farm.
· Perform preventive maintenance on field production equipment, including welding, changing bearings, replacing worn parts, lubricating equipment, moving tires, and installing tanks or weights on tractors, and prepping equipment for seasonal usage.
· Regularly inspect equipment and personnel operating in the field.
· Check equipment to make sure it is repaired, lubricated, and working properly.
· Serve as team lead over a crew of equipment operators.
· Fabricate equipment from scratch or make modification to existing equipment.
· Make repairs to irrigation systems such as center pivot top pipes, which includes welding components.
· Train others on the equipment.
· Champion a world class safety culture by becoming familiar with all safety devices and emergency shutdown procedures including lockout-tag out procedures, as well as understanding MSDS sheets, pesticide labels and application notification procedures. Attend and actively participate in regular safety meetings and trainings.
· Upkeep on current industry education, renew job-related professional licenses/certifications, and cross-train in other tasks to serve as the back-up mechanic to others on the team.